The College Library, an important central facility has been named after Hem Barua, former Principal and a renowned Parliamentarian. The Library is fully computerized and is the hub of the academic activities supporting the institution’s mission of achieving excellence in education and research. All students, faculty and employees of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities. The library also renders service to people from outside the college community after receiving due permission from the college authority.
History of the Library
The B. Borooah College Library started its functioning in 1943 at Kamrup Academy School and later on shifted to new building in the year 1958 and accommodated in the present building in the year 2000. In the same year the library was renamed as "Hem Barua Library" after the name of its 3rd Principal late Hem Barua, a noted parliamentarian and educationist of the country.
At the initial stage of its development Shri Satish Kakati, a noted journalist and writer of the state was appointed as Librarian of this prestigious institution.
Name of the Librarians since 1943:
1. Sri Satish Ch. Kakati,
2. Late Rajya Malla Deka,
3. Late Dilip Sarma,
4. Sri Biswajit Nath,
5. Sri Ramesh Malla Deka,
6. Sri Wooma Sankar Dev Nath.
Knowledge empowerment for all through efficient, exhaustive and expedicious supply of information.
The library will be recognized as a hub of research, learning and creativity focused on student success. We will excel in : collecting, preserving and providing access to the best scholarly and educational resources; providing high quality, innovative services; abd creating a welcoming and comfortable physical environment.